Wednesday, January 2, 2013

my heart's light

my heart is not moved
by big words
or small music


my heart will only dance
to a song well sung
strings well plucked
strings caressed
choir chords
well tuned


inside my heart
lives a shimmer
long kindled by sparks
from a source unseen

 

oh i yearn to touch the source
of my heart's fire


sometimes i have a hunch
who it is


sometimes i can feel with my heart
who it is


i'd like to see with my heart
who it is
that lit my heart

 

come sisters and brothers in the light
sing with me
dance with me
shine your shimmer on me
lend me some glimmer

 

i promise to breathe
from my heart, a breeze
to wake up the fire
and return the favor
a glowing ember

 

i am worried if you don't
lend me a spark
that my lamp would grow dim
 

i'm afraid
some corners of my heart
would be in the dark
 

shadows would sneak in
and steal my heart
from the light


No comments:

Post a Comment